I am extremely proud of myself today! Besides the fact that this is my 8th day of being a 100% Raw Foodist, I also managed to go to the movies and remain true to my new lifestyle. Some of you might not think this is a big deal, but believe me it is a huge deal. Number 1, in my previous life as a indiscriminate eater, I used to love popcorn! A huge bucket of the stuff loaded with those delightfully deadly spices.
I firmly believe that anyone who has a eating disorder and is trying to change to the Raw Food lifestyle needs to first take care of the snacking!
I dealt with this by making my own snack box and taking it into the movies with me. I had raisins, pumpkin seeds and pecan nuts all mixed up together and it was brilliant. I feel hugely relieved because I was really concerned about the snacking thing.
So what's on the menu today?
I have made 100% Raw Savoury Tarts. These have taken time but boy they are worth it! The buckwheat firstly needs to be soaked overnight and then sprouted. The buckwheat gets mixed with baby marrows, spices, flax seeds, tomatoes and garlic. Then it goes into the dehydrator for about 10 hours.
It makes a gorgeous base - a very healthy alternative to pastry!
I then made Sunflower Cheese and added tomatoes, chives, sweet basil and spices and then topped the buckwheat bases with the mixture. The end result is a gorgeous tart that even the most dedicated pie eater will enjoy.
Absolutely totally divine, totally raw and totally healthy!

No comments:
Post a Comment